You will travel beautiful coastal routes, explore abandoned beaches and visit historic places. The kids will love the peaceful nature, interesting old forts and old light houses. This is a unique and authentic Canadian adventure for the whole family.
Day 1 Halifax
Halifax is a sparkling city and at the same time gives you the feeling that you are in a small village. There is beautiful new high rise, but the character of the city has been preserved by many restored old buildings. stay in a beautiful hotel with view on the port of Halifax.
Day 2 Halifax
Explore Halifax by visiting the Maritime museum of the Antlantic, where you will learn about the history a famous ships like the Titanic. Your kids will be in another world. Listen to immigrant stories at the Pier 21 museum, roam around in the harbour, enjoy the many terraces for lunch while viewing the hustle and bustle in the old harbour.
Day 3 - 4 Liscombe (Eastern Shore)
Follow the quiet coastline of the Atlantic with its little villages, taste the fresh local fish, search for shells on the endless beaches and find out how friendly life really is. Sherbrooke is nice for a day trip. The village is a living museum where you will be taken back in time to the late 1800’s: many different trades were found here. Listen to the amazing stories and everything becomes so real...
Day 5 - 8 Indian Brook (Cape Breton)
On your way, you will notice the French cultural influence and spot the beautiful bald eagles. The old fortress of Louisburg is a true highlight. Actors will take you right back in time, and you’ll be part of the trades people, fighting a battle and explore the fort. What an impressions! You will stay right on the Cabot Trail, on of the most beautiful coastal trails of Canada.
Day 9 - 11 Pictou (Northumberland Shore)
This region is well known for its beautiful sandy beaches, perfect for swimming and exploring. Fifteen nature parks give you excellent hiking opportunities. Many Keltic musicians have their roots in this area. In the lodge there is a swimming pool, mountain bikes and the kids can play basketball, volleyball and badminton.
Day 12 - 14 White Point (South Shore)
Also known as the lighthouse route. You will find out why. Places like Lunenburg and Mahone Bay are very fine and in the old harbours there is so much to explore and to do.
Day 15 Departure Halifax
- 14 nights accommodation in good quality and authentic 3/4 star hotels, cottages, lodges, resorts
- 15 days Hertz car rental, full size green car, incl. all local taxes, extra driver, unlimited kms and relevant insurances.
- 2 hour guided canoe tour from Indian Brook
- 2 hour guided exploration on the grounds of Cabot Shores Chalets
- All local taxes (GST & Hotel taxes)
- Full kids travel package*
*Full Travel Package, contains:
- a tour map of the area
- area background information, focusing on the package interest
- general description of the tour
- 'secret tips' to connect your clients with
- day-to-day description (driving time, directions, best points of interest to visit, date specific tips, such as festivals, interpretive hikes and concerts, lunch/dinner tips and Visitor Info addresses).