Gold Rush Pioneers
This is the perfect holiday package for a young family with an active lifestyle that wants to explore West Canada in a different way. Get away from the ordinary, relax, be active and explore the beauty of Coastal Canada and 'Gold Rush Country' together with your kids.
Day 1 - 2 Vancouver
It’s a short drive to a cosy hotel, on walking distance from Stanley Park and vibrant downtown Vancouver. Explore the famous Vancouver Aquarium, hiking or biking in Stanley Park or take a small water taxi to Granville Island, the paradise for kids.
Day 3 - 5 Manning Provincial Park
As soon as you leave Vancouver, you will be amazed by the beautiful nature around you. On a 2 hour drive from Vancouver, is Manning Provincial Park, with typical Canadian mountain lakes, forest and lots to do for the whole family. With a Canadian canoe you can explore the lakes. Your stay is in a wooden lodge.
Day 6 - 7 Lytton
Driving north, you come to a very special place on the Thompson River in a beautiful canyon with a warm climate. You will stay in a luxurious tent with real beds, but you have the adventurous feeling of camping. Relax, go swimming in the river or try the river rafting for more adventure.
Day 8 - 10 Whistler
Famous mountain village Whistler, where the 2010 Winter Olympics were held. Visit the Olympic sites, local shops, go on a ZipTrek tour through an old rainforest or take the gondola to the ‘top of the world’. Here is never a dull moment.
Day 11 - 13 Pender Harbour (Sunshine Coast)
Via the Sea-to-Sky Highway and a short ferry you will enter the Sunshine Coast, with little bays, sheltered beaches and friendly little towns. Stay in a beautiful private house and explore the coast together with your children. Your family will be taken by a native Indian on a adventurous paddle tour along the Sunshine Coast.
Day 14 Departure Vancouver
- 13 nights accommodation in good quality and authentic 3/4 star hotels, lodges and cabins
- 14 days Hertz car rental, full size car, incl. all local taxes, extra driver, unlimited kms and relevant insurances
- Hop-on, hop-off bus tour Vancouver
- All local taxes (GST & Hotel taxes)
- Full kids travel package*
Optional activity pass:
- Canoe rental Manning Park (one day)
- ZipTrek Tour Whistler (2.5-3 hours)
- First Nations Interpretive Paddle Tour Sunshine coast (5-6 hours)
*Full Travel Package, contains:
- a tour map of the area
- area background information, focusing on the package interest
- general description of the tour
- 'secret tips' to connect your clients with
- day-to-day description (driving time, directions, best points of interest to visit, date specific tips, such as festivals, interpretive hikes and concerts, lunch/dinner tips and Visitor Info addresses).