Rocky Mountain Cowboys
This is the perfect holiday package for a young family with an active lifestyle that wants to explore West Canada in a different way. Get away from the ordinary, relax, be active and explore the beauty of the wild Rocky Mountains. We have included some unique and authentic Canadian adventures for the whole family.
Day 1 Calgary
Pick up rental car. Stay conveniently in a comfortable hotel.
Day 2 - 3 Waterton Lakes National Park
Waterton Lakes is a quiet, uncrowded National Park. The perfect place to view spectacular scenery, wildlife and enjoy outstanding recreational opportunities, such as hiking, biking and fishing.
A local cowboy guide will take you out on a half day horseback riding trip in this spectacular park (included in activity pass). An evening theatre program is offered regularly at the Falls Theatre. Presented by both Parks Canada staff and a variety of guest speakers, these programs are great for the children.
Day 4 - 6 Fernie
A beautiful road through the high Rocky Mountains brings you to a typical Canadian mountain town in the Elk Valley: Fernie. We have chosen for a charming hotel in lodge style with a nice swimming pool for the children. Go hiking, mountain biking or try the typical Canadian fly fishing on the Elk River.
Day 7 - 8 Golden
On your way to Golden, you can visit the historic site of Fort Steele. A family pass is included. Golden with it’s beautiful Blaeberry Valley is a perfect location for hiking or visiting the Northern Lights Wildlife Wolf Centre that is worthwhile for learning about wolves and their habitats and lives or explore the river by jet boat (included in activity pass).
Day 9 - 11 Jasper
The route today is in the ‘Top 10’ of most scenic highways in the world. Peyto Lake, Columbia Icefields (yes, you can walk on it!) Sunwapta Falls and Athabasca Falls are all highlights of the day. Where finally the Miette River and the Athabasca River come together, just outside of the town of Jasper, is your authentic cabin with fireplace. The other day you can explore Jasper by foot or by bike.
Day 12 - 13 Banff
Driving south today, you come to your final destination; world renowned Banff, in the center of Banff National Park. Our special tips will provide your customers with interesting information about what to do in Banff.
Day 14 Departure Calgary
- 13 nights accommodation in good quality and authentic 3/4 star hotels, lodges and cabins
- 14 days Hertz car rental, full size car, incl. all local taxes, extra driver, unlimited kms and relevant insurances.
- Admission Northern Lights Wolf Centre
- All local taxes (GST & Hotel taxes)
- Full Kids Travel Package*
Optional activity pass:
- Horseback riding in Waterton Lakes (half day)
- Activity pass for Fort Steele
- Columbia River Safari (2 hrs)
- Parks Canada Pass (entrance National Parks)
*Full Travel Package, contains:
- a tour map of the area
- area background information, focusing on the package interest
- general description of the tour
- 'secret tips' to connect your clients with
- day-to-day description (driving time, directions, best points of interest to visit, date specific tips, such as festivals, interpretive hikes and concerts, lunch/dinner tips and Visitor Info addresses).